When demolition of a commercial building occurs, a permit is required. Any contractor(s) hired to perform work must obtain a Contractor's Business License with the village before issuance of the permit. A licensed Illinois state plumbing contractor must be listed on the permit for water and sewer disconnection.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.
Current Fee: $560
Commercial village permit application
- Seal well and require affidavit from a licensed well drilling company, that all guidelines and procedures have been followed, if applicable.
- Water and sewer lines are required to be disconnected back to the main by a state licensed plumbing contractor. After the demolition permit application is submitted, an inspection to verify this work must be scheduled and is required prior to the issuance of the demolition permit.
- Schaumburg Water Billing Department (847.923.4520) must be contacted to assure the final water bill has been paid, to arrange a final meter reading and to arrange for the meter to be removed.
- Effective March 1, 2013, per 225 ILCS 320/327 (from Ch 111 par 1135 of The Illinois Plumbing License Law), a letter of intent shall be included with all plumbing permit applications. The letter shall be written on the licensed plumber of record's business stationery and shall include the license holder's signature and, if the license holder is incorporated, the license holder's corporate seal. If the license holder is not incorporated, the letter must be notarized.
- May require Cook County Permit
- May require Illinois Environmental Protection Agency permit regarding hazardous materials. Contact Cook County Dept. of Environment Control 312.603.8200
- Requires documentation of utilities being disconnected properly
- Northern Illinois Gas 847.729.4300
- Commonwealth Edison 1.800.334.7661
- J.U.L.I.E 1.800.892.0123
- A permit for a 6-foot chain-link fence shall be obtained prior to the beginning of the demolition as well as any other construction guards required by field inspectors.
- A narrative of all intended demolition shall be submitted for review and approval prior to the permit being issued.
- What, if any, utilities will be disturbed? Do they belong to Schaumburg?
- Will it be necessary to haul away materials from site/if so how will it be done? What are the intended working hours?
- Tree protection fencing will be required and must be inspected by a Landscape Planner prior to the issuance of the demolition permit. Once it is installed, contact 847.923.4420 to schedule an inspection.
- What will be the final grading and finish conditions at this site?
- A bond or letter of credit may be required by the Community Development Department.
- Restoration to the property including but not limited to seeding and erosion control blankets is required.
- It is required that a Construction and Demolition Waste Management Plan be submitted before the permit is issued.
- Provide a statement indicating the percentage of recycled materials.
- Pre-site inspection must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of demolition.
- Final Building
- Final Grading
- Final Plumbing
Inspections can be scheduled up to 4pm the business day prior to the requested inspection date by contacting the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.