A permit is required for sewer connections. If you have any questions, please contact the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.
- Rough plumbing
- Final plumbing
Inspections can be scheduled up to 4pm the business day prior to the requested inspection date by contacting the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.
- Taps to main street sewers shall be made only at "wyes" or junctions installed for that purpose.
- Where it is necessary to tap into a main sewer where no "wye" is provided, a neat opening shall be made and "Y" or "T" saddle inserted and concreted into place.
- Sewer connection trenches which occur beneath existing or proposed pavement, curb, gutter or sidewalk shall be backfilled with trench backfill consisting of sand, gravel or crushed stone.
- Trench backfill shall be placed to a point not less than five feet (5') from either edge of existing or proposed pavement, curb, gutter or sidewalk.
- Trench backfill shall be thoroughly jetted in a manner and with equipment satisfactory to the village.
- Excess excavated material shall be disposed of on the side of the lot served in location designated by the owner.
- The terminus of each service installed shall be marked by placing a two inch by four inch (2"x4") hardwood stake not less than four feet (4') in length opposite the end of each sewer service terminus.