Schaumburg Prairie Center for the Arts
- The fixed seating capacity of the main theatre is 442, in accordance with the Schaumburg fire code.
Additional aisle seating is strictly prohibited, as is overselling the house.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited at all times on stage, backstage, in the theatre, and in the
- All building equipment is to be operated by members of the Prairie Center technical staff only.
- Damage to the building or any building equipment incurred by the lessee will be added to the final bill.
- Building lessees should restrict their activities to the section of the building rented.
- All events, including performances and rehearsals, must be terminated by the time stated in the contract.
- All equipment, including set pieces, properties, costumes, etc. are to be removed immediately following
the event, unless special arrangements have been made in advance with the Prairie Center technical
- No nails, spikes, screws, etc. may be driven into the stage floor. Sliders/casters are recommended.
- No open flame (candles, etc.) is allowed in any part of the building. No pyrotechnics.
- All weapons used in any production must be cleared in advance by the Prairie Center technical
supervisor. All guns used in any stage production must be loaded and unloaded by the Prairie Center
technician in charge. All guns firing blanks must have plugged barrels – shotguns and rifles included.
- Raffles may be conducted by not-for-profit groups, including charitable, educational, fraternal, labor, or
religious organizations. An application must be completed prior to
conducting a raffle. Because Village Board approval is required, the application
must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the raffle date. Once the Village Board approves the raffle, an
approval letter will be issued. The applications can be found here.
- Serving and/or selling alcoholic beverages is only permitted by securing a one day liquor license. Applications
for a liquor license are made to the local liquor commissioner, the Village President, in writing. There is a nonrefundable fee for processing of each
liquor license application submitted. More info can be found here.
We strongly recommend that the participants in your event are advised of these rules and regulations.
Participants should also be informed of the correct rehearsal and performance times, locations within the
building, and place of entrance.