Due to the blizzard conditions of the recent storm event and the damage to trees caused by heavy snow and high winds, the village will be offering a special brush pickup beginning Monday, Dec. 10. See the Brush Pick up Guidelines page for more detail
Brush Pickup for Spring 2019
Scheduling and pickup information will be posted in the Spring of 2019 regarding details of this program.
It is not necessary to call for brush collection or to create a Customer Service Request; just follow the schedule and have your brush to the curb by the dates provided. Please note that zones and boundaries may change from year to year and that this program is open to single-family residences only.
Brush must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled week.
Please note that no brush will be collected on Monday, May 27 due to the Memorial Day holiday. Collection will begin on Tuesday, May 28.
It may take crews up to five days to complete collection in each zone.
- Branches are to be neatly placed curbside with the cut ends toward the street. Unorganized or tangled brush piles will not be collected and the resident will be asked to re-stack the pile.
- Only branches from trees and bushes (up to eight inches in diameter at the cut end) will be eligible for pick up.
- Branches may be any length, though the ends must be cleanly cut with no attached root systems.
- Items larger than eight inches in diameter, materials such as construction wood, branches with nails or spikes, wooden fence pieces/doors, firewood logs, rose bushes, poison ivy, small hedge/evergreen trimmings, and yard rakings cannot be mulched and must be disposed of by the resident through other means.
- Brush pick up at any one residence will be limited to approximately 100 square feet of front area along the parkway (approximately 6' high by 17' long).
- Contractor generated brush will not be collected.
Yard Waste Disposal
Residents are encouraged to use the yard waste disposal program provided by Republic Services. Yard waste starts the first full week in April and runs through the second full week in December. A special collection period for Christmas trees and greenery will be available throughout the month of January.
Smaller brush and yard waste can be placed into biodegradable yard waste paper bags not to exceed 30 gallons in capacity or 50 pounds in weight.
- Larger brush piles must be bundled using garden string or twine. The bundle size is restricted to 4' in length, 2' in diameter, and no heavier than 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 3" in diameter.
- Branches or stumps larger than 3" in diameter cannot be placed in the landscape waste bags; they must be handled with regular refuse. Weight is limited to a maximum of 50 pounds. Excessive amounts will incur a charge or require an alternative disposal method.