CARE TRAK PROGRAM. WHAT IS IT?
The CARE TRAK program is a tracking device that assists in locating people with special needs who have a history of wandering from their home. The CARE TRAK bracelet contains a transmitter with a radio frequency which a person can wear as a wrist or ankle bracelet. Should the person wander, the Schaumburg Police Department can begin the search using a radio tracking system.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
Crime Prevention Specialist sets an appointment with the client and responsible family member to discuss the program
Family members complete forms and provide a recent photo. A deposit is required which includes costs for the monthly battery change and battery tester
- The transmitter is attached to a bracelet; family is given a battery tester and Daily Transmitter Tester Log
- Batteries for CARE TRAK are changed monthly. If the battery should fail, family should contact Crime Prevention immediately
- Should the CARE TRAK client run away or go missing, the family should contact 9-1-1.
- CARE TRAK-trained personnel will respond using CARE TRAK tracking equipment to begin the search
- Anybody seeking information about the Care Trak program can contact Paula Diaz, Crime Prevention Specialist at 847.348.7274 or by email