Plum Grove Roundabout Open
The village's first roundabout opened to traffic December 21 at Remington Road and Plum Grove Road as part of the reconstruction project occurring on Plum Grove Road. With no conflict points, a roundabout provides a safer alternative than a four-way stop or a two-way stop, which was not needed at the intersection according to federal traffic safety standards. With the new configuration, traffic will slow down to enter the roundabout but will be able to move efficiently through the intersection.
Since new traffic patterns can sometimes cause confusion, the village would like to share a few tips to help drivers navigate through this new traffic intersection.
- Slow down as you approach the roundabout, and watch for pedestrians in the crosswalk.
- Continue toward the roundabout and look to your left at the entrance to the roundabout.
- Yield to oncoming traffic already in the roundabout.
- Enter the roundabout circle when there is a safe gap in traffic and keep your speed low. Do not stop in the roundabout.
- Proceed to your exit (right, straight or left)
- Look for pedestrians and use your turn signal to exit the roundabout safely.
For more information on roundabouts and their benefits, please review the Roundabout Factsheet, contact Karyn Robles at email@example.com or dial 311 in the village.