Located just 30 miles outside Chicago, Schaumburg is the premier suburban business destination in Illinois. In the past 50 years with vision and thoughtful planning, Schaumburg has transformed from a small farming community into a thriving economic center that is home to more business in Illinois than any other community outside of Chicago. The village's businesses provides support to the community’s 75,000 residents, and creates 80,000 jobs in the northwest suburbs by offering professional and high-quality services and goods.
- 90 North District Website
- Available Sites
- Bids and RFP’s
- Business Incentives
- Economic Development
- Municipal Codes
- Hours of Operation, Address, Phone Numbers
- Planning and Zoning
- Small Business
- Taxes and Fees
New and Incoming BusinessesSchaumburg is noted for being the 2nd largest economic development center in Illinois and is fortunate to attract many new businesses. See our list of new or incoming businesses in Schaumburg.
Businesses located in Schaumburg must have a Schaumburg Business License. Licenses may be purchased for your business establishments and vending machines at the Village Hall during business hours or can be purchased online through the WebPay Self Service portal.
The village collects and administers a variety of locally imposed taxes to fund services provided. The village collects a tax on amusements, automobile leasing, prepared food and beverages, real estate transfers and telecommunications. The village also collects a 1 percent home rule sales tax on the purchase of general merchandise, excluding groceries and licensed vehicles. The home rule sales tax is collected by the Illinois Department of Revenue and remitted to the village. Read more about Taxes and Fees
- GCAMP is a group of manufactures and toolmakers trying to change the perception of manufacturing and promoting manufacturing careers.
- Small Business Development Center - Illinois SBDC at Harper College helps businesses start, grow and expand.
- Schaumburg Business Association (SBA) - The SBA aims to improve the quality of life and economic vitality of the Schaumburg Area. We connect our members to each other and to the community and serve as the primary advocate for businesses in the region.
These philanthropic/community service organizations serve Schaumburg:
- Schaumburg Jaycees
- Schaumburg AM Rotary
- Rotary Club of Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates
- Schaumburg VFW Post 2202
Transportation Options within Schaumburg
Schaumburg is located just under 30 miles (48 km) northwest of downtown Chicago and approximately 8 miles (13 km) northwest of O'Hare International Airport.