A wide variety of housing choices are available in Schaumburg with over 12,000 single family homes and 21,000 multi-family units.
- Schaumburg's median home value is $241,100
- Prices range from condos under $100,000 to single family homes over $900,000
- 64.1% of residents own their home
- Corporate housing is available at the extended stay developments and apartment complexes
- There are several senior housing developments that provide services and a mix of housing options
The village supports affordable housing initiatives including a Handyman Program and Residential Rehab Loan Program. The village has also provided Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to agencies that provide other housing services, including transitional housing, permanent supportive housing and housing counseling.