The Village of Schaumburg has been closely monitoring reports and recommendations from local, state, and national health agencies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). With this in mind, we would like to encourage both our residential and commercial customers to utilize any of these alternate ways to obtain permits and contractor’s licenses:
- Express Permits and contractor’s licenses via WebPay – Submit and pay for the following permits without leaving your home or office!
- Roofing, Siding, Air Conditioner, Furnace, Water Heater, Certificate of Occupancy
- Note: Payments must be made by credit card with a 2.25% service fee
- Your permit card will be approved and emailed to you. Please print (preferably in color) and post in a prominent location near the entry prior to starting work.
Residential or Commercial Permits and Plans – submit your permit application and plans by emailing to email@example.com. Ideally, emailed plans should be 10MB or less.
- Large Residential or Commercial Permits and Plans – Submittals with plans larger than 10MB can be submitted on a CD and be mailed to us at 101 Schaumburg Ct, Schaumburg, IL 60193, Attn: Permits. As an alternative, the applicant may also send an electronic link to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may download drawings from your cloud-based storage (ie: Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.).
- Please refer to our electronic submittal resource guide for additional information.
- Permit payments can be made on our WebPay page once plans are approved. We will provide you a link to our Pay for a Permit WebPay page, the correct fee, and a code to use for payment.
- Your approved plans can be emailed to you if within the size restrictions. Otherwise, approved plans can be mailed on a CD.
The person performing the work, whether it is a homeowner or contractor, is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits. Once the permit is issued, you can begin work. The permit must be on site with your submitted paper work and available to the inspector and if your permit has accompanying approved plans, they must be available as well.
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg IL 60193
The Village Code requires individuals and companies to display a valid license for a variety of activities and privileges. Please visit our License section for information on the various licenses available.
Residents should be aware that there are roof/siding companies soliciting repairs or replacement of storm damaged roofing and siding. Residents are urged to verify that all contractors have a:
If you have any questions or need assistance in preparing applications or meeting procedural requirements, please contact the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847-923-4420. If you have questions about obtaining a Solicitors License, contact the Finance Department at 847-923-4546 or 847-923-4547.
For a list of applicable codes that regulate construction within the Village of Schaumburg please see our Building Codes section.