Residential Rental License Title 9, Chapter 123.03 of the Village Code states that all leased, commercial or rented property must hold a valid rental license through the Village of Schaumburg. Rental licenses are valid through December 31 and must be renewed annually. Renewal notices are sent to owners in November. Please note, staff cannot take payments over the phone. Payments can be mailed or dropped off at the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Building or you can use our on-line web pay.
Residential Rentals (townhouse, condo, or quad): properties require a full year payment of $60 and payments increase to $90 on January 1 if past due. If purchased after July 1, the fee is $30 for the rest of the year.
Short Term Rental: properties require a full year payment of $100 and payments increase to $150 on January 1 if past due. Inspections will be conducted annually on these properties. Contact our Code Enforcement Division for more information at 847-923-3700.
Single Family Home Rental: licenses require a full year payment of $100 and payments increase to $150 after January 1 if past due. Inspections will be conducted every three years on these properties. Contact our Code Enforcement Division for more information at 847-923-3700.
- Complete the Rental License Form through the Finance Department
- Attend one Crime Free Housing Seminar given by the Schaumburg Police Department -Mandatory. Crime Free Addendum.
- Family Living in Unit Acknowledgement Form
- Single Family Rental Home Requirements
If you have family living in the property and are not collecting rent, you will not need to purchase the rental license. Just complete the Family Living in Unit acknowledgement form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short Term Rental - Hotel tax must be collected and remitted to the Village. Requirements - Hotel Tax Packet.
Once the Residential Application , Commercial Application , Association Application or Apartment Application, Single Family Home Application is submitted along with the appropriate fee and the Crime Free Seminar has been attended the rental license will be issued and mailed. Allow two weeks for processing.
- For more information on rental licenses, please contact the Finance Department at 847-923-4532.
- Contact the Schaumburg Police Department at 847.348.7320 to schedule a Crime Free Housing Seminar.
- To schedule a Single Family Rental Home Inspection, contact the Community Development Department at 847-923-4437.
Pay Online using WebPay
The Village of Schaumburg is pleased to provide our customers a reliable and secure online payment option for Rental Licenses as well as other pay-for-services. Customers are subject to credit card transaction fees.