Title 11, Chapter 119 of the Village Code requires that all vending machines located in the village display a valid vending license. A vending machine is one that dispenses a variety of products in exchange for payment of some type. Vending machine products may include beverages, food, and any other type of personal property.
- A separate license is required for each encased unit having one or more slots for payment, or multiple machines attached together and operated by a common slot for payment.
- Separately encased units bundled together on a stand, support or rack shall have a separate license for each unit.
- The license period for vending machines is January 1 through December 31. Licenses must be renewed annually.
Vending Machines Fees:
- Gumball, Stickers and Trinket Coin-Operated Machines: $25
- All Other Coin-Operated Machines (other than amusement devices): $50
- Fees for license purchased after December 31 are doubled.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Any person or entity owning or operating an electric vehicle charging station within the Village must obtain a vending license pursuant to Section 119.30 et seq. of this Code.” The vending license is required for all electric vehicle charging stations; not just those available for public use.
A Vending Permit Application can be submitted to the Finance Department Collections Division:
Village of Schaumburg
Finance Department Collections Division
101 Schaumburg Court
- Call 847-923-4537
When Do I Renew My Vending Licenses?
- November 1st through December 31st - apply online using WebPay
- Customers are subject to credit card transaction fees.