⚠ Alert ⚠

COVID-19 Community Updates and Resources

Click here for more information.

Animal Control

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Email Animal Control Officer Diamond

Pet Vaccinations

Pets vaccinated outside of Cook County need to register their pets with The Cook County Animal Control Office at 708-974-6140. Dial 311 in Schaumburg, if you have any questions.

dogAnimal Control Services

Schaumburg Police Department's Animal Control Officer wants you and your pets to be good neighbors. Often a friendly warning or a word of advice is all it takes

The Animal Control Officer and Community Service Officers provide the following services:

  • Enforcement of all animal related laws and ordinances
  • Transportation of stray domestic animals found within the village limits to the departments' authorized animal hospital/shelter
  • Assistance with nuisance stray/feral cat problems. Humane traps for stray/feral cats are available upon request at no charge by calling 847-348-7251
  • If you have wildlife inside the living space of your home call 311 or 911 for assistance
  • Investigate complaints of animal cruelty or neglect
  • For complaints regarding animals, contact the Schaumburg Police Department at 847.882.3586 or dial 311


  • If you are having problems with nuisance wildlife outside of your home such as raccoons, opossums, skunks, etc., you will be referred to a licensed wildlife relocation service. You can find a list of local wildlife removal service agencies listed in the yellow pages under "animal removal"

  • How to live with native wildlife and solutions to existing problems

  • Live humane traps are only loaned out to residents for nuisance stray/feral cat problems

  • Trapping of wildlife can only be done by a professional wildlife agency that is licensed by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, or by obtaining a permit from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources

  • Residents can obtain their own temporary trapping permit by contacting the Illinois Department of Natural Resources