⚠ Alert ⚠

COVID-19 Community Updates and Resources

Click here for more information.

Contest Your Parking Ticket

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pay Your Parking Tickets

Parking Ticket Contest Form

Petition to Reinstate

Citations issued for violations of Village of Schaumburg parking ordinances may be contested if you believe they were issued in error. The citations are contested through a hearing process called "Administrative Adjudication" and may be done in person or in writing. A hearing officer evaluates your statement and any evidence you submit to contest the citation in order to make a determination as to the validity of the citation.

Contest a Parking Violation in Writing

  • Complete and print the Parking Ticket Contest Form
  • Print clearly and provide all of the information requested
  • Be concise about why you believe the ticket was issued in error when filling out your "Statement / Testimony"

When you contest a parking citation in writing you are waiving your right to an in-person hearing. You will be notified of the hearing officer's decision by mail and this decision is final.

Mail or bring the completed form to:

Schaumburg Police Department
Parking Ticket Section
1000 W. Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg, IL 60194-4198

Contest a Parking Violation in Person

  • Send the ticket back in the provided envelope and mark the envelope with an "X" next to "Request for Personal Appearance hearing"


  • Call Records at 847-882-3586

Petition to Reinstate

If you fail to appear for your hearing on the specified date, you may petition to reopen a proceeding within twenty-one (21) days from the hearing date by completing a Petition to Reinstate Form. A form can be printed by clicking the link, or you can request a form in person at the Schaumburg Police Department, Parking Ticket Section. A separate petition must be filed for each violation you wish to reopen.

Grounds for petition are limited to:

  • You were not the owner or lessee of the cited vehicle on the date the violation notice was issued.
  • You have already paid the fine.
  • Your failure to respond and contest the Notice of Violation was excusable.

Additional Information

You may not use the parking ticket contest form for the following:

  • To contest any citation beginning with the letter “A” or "C". These tickets are used for violation of Village ordinances that govern such things as animals, curfew and other violations

  • To contest any citation beginning with the letter “Y”. These tickets are used for state traffic violations such as speeding and are contested at the Third District Municipal Court of Cook County in Rolling Meadows

  • To contest any parking violation after you have received a “Final Determination” notice in the mail. Please call the Records Section of the police department immediately, at 847.882.3586 for further information

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer