Bike Month is coming to Schaumburg!
Due to COVID-19, all events associated with Village of Schaumburg’s annual celebration of bicycling are moving to September 2020. The village will celebrate Bike Month by organizing a full month of activities that everyone at any skill level can participate in. Whether you are a resident, student, or just work in Schaumburg, there will sure be something for you.
Calendar of Events
Stay tuned for the June 2020 calendar of events.
The village hosted a successful Business Bike Classic that featured 31 teams from Schaumburg businesses and organizations. The rules for the Classic is that Teams of 4 recorded their bicycled mileage during the month of May. The team with the most miles recorded in May won the traveling Business Bike Classic trophy and prizes. The second and third place teams also won some exciting prizes, and every team that biked more than 400 miles was entered into a raffle for additional prizes.
The Village of Schaumburg congratulates Team “Zurich – Classic Cycling”
Winners of the 1st Annual Village of Schaumburg Business Bike Classic
Also, congratulations to 2nd Place Team: Zurich – Z Cycle De Lego and 3rd Place Team: Village of Schaumburg – Kicking Asphalt
Random Prize Winning Team (400 + miles): Team Rittal
|Team Name||Total Miles||Overall Rank|
|Zurich - Classic Cycling||2,202||1|
|Zurich - Z Cycle De Lego||1,753||2|
|Schaumburg - Kicking Asphalt||1,714||3|
|Motorola - Mostly Harmless||1,569||4|
|Schaumburg - Got Wheels at EPW||1,135||5|
|Schaumburg - Hose Rollers||1,074||6|
|Motorola – Cranks||946||7|
|Schaumburg - Flatlanders||802||9|
|Zurick - FitFam||765||10|
|Nova - Fire||744||11|
|Schaumburg - Not Fast, Just FABULOUS||668||12|
|Zurich - Chain Gang||639||13|
|MV - 2 Wheelers||631||14|
|Motorola - CMSO||582||16|
|Bike Connection - 4 Saul||499||17|
|MV - Flat Tires||475||18|
|Team Rittal 1||462||19|
|Team Rittal 2||455||20|
|Motorola - Moto Rollers||454||21|
|Motorola - Flat Tires||440||22|
|Motorola - Tour De Finance||425||23|
|Bisco - Spin Doctors||383||24|
|Motorola - Solo||344||25|
|Motorola - Cash Kings||247||26|
|Systems in Motion - SIM ROCKSTARS||243||27|
|Schaumburg - 4 Wheelers||216||28|
|IDOT - i.Bike Team 1||200||29|
|Schaumburg Park District - SPIN or DIE||186||30|
|Zurich’s Not Fast, Just Furious||185||31|
Al Larson Prairie Center for the Arts, Bike Connection, F45 Training Schaumburg, Julianne’s Salon and Spa, Medieval Times, Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt, Schaumburg Bicycle Club, Schaumburg Park District, & Schaumburg Renaissance Convention Center Hotel
Customers who presented a selfie of themselves on their bicycle to staff at participating restaurants received a free appetizer or entree during the week that the participating restaurant is "Restaurant of the Week".
iWalk/Bike to School Day is a specially designated day designed to encourage parents and students to walk or bike to school. On the iWalk/Bike to School Day, Village of Schaumburg and school staff hand out rewards, such as pencils, to students who participate by walking or bicycling from home to school that morning.
Spin Classes at the Community Recreation Center
- Wednesday, May 1 from 6:00 - 7:00 am
- Thursday, May 9 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 18 from 9:15 - 10:14 am
- Thursday, May 30 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Spin Classes at Schaumburg Tennis Plus (STP)
- Friday, May 24 from 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
After April 29, participants can call 847-490-7015 to reserve a spot. The classes to have limits, so it will be first-come-first-serve.
- Group Bike Rides, Riders welcome as "guest" of SBC for their first ride. Helmets are required. For subsequent rides, riders will need to join the SBC. Check www.schaumburgbicycleclub.org for updates and ride information.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays in May at 5:30 pm: Meet at Town Square in the parking lot closest to the Clock Tower.
- Saturdays in May : Time and starting points vary.
- Wednesday, May 22 at 7:00 pm: SBC Monthly Meeting at the Barn. The meeting will feature a presentation on the Fox River Trail.
- Saturday, May 4 & Sunday, May 5: Bike Connection Annual Bike Sale
- Tuesday, May 7 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Flat Tire Clinic, Free Hands on Class to learn how to deal with a flat tire. Limited to 10 pre-registered attendees.
- Tuesday, May 14 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Basic Maintenance Clinic, Free Hands On Class to learn basic bike maintenance. Limited to 10 pre-registered attendees.
- Tuesday, May 21 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Flat Tire Clinic, Free Hands on Class to learn how to deal with a flat tire. Limited to 10 pre-registered attendees.
- Tuesday, May 28 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Basic Maintenance Clinic, Free Hands On Class to learn basic bike maintenance. Limited to 10 pre-registered attendees.
Group Bike Rides, A helmet and a functional bike are required. On site leader will provide a waiver required for the ride. Check their Facebook page or call 224.500.1046 for additional ride information and notifications.
- Saturday, May 4 & Saturday May 18 at 8:30 am: Popular Creek Bike Ride, 1-2 hour, family-friendly, casual-paced ride on paved trails. Meet at Barrington Rd Pond (west side of Barrington Rd between Golf Rd & Higgins Rd).
- Saturday, May 11 & Saturday May 25 at 8:30 am: Paul Douglas Bike Ride, 1-2 hour, family-friendly, casual-paced ride on paved trails. Meet at 1280 W Central Rd in Hoffman Estates (between Freeman Rd & Ela Rd)
- Sunday, May 5 & Sunday May 12 at 7:30 am: Popular Creek Bike Ride, 40-80 mile, training ride. This ride is designed to progressively build endurance towards a goal of 100 miles in a single ride. Meet at Barrington Rd Pond (west side of Barrington Rd between Golf Rd & Higgins Rd).
Due to COVID-19, Bike to Work Day Celebrations are moving to September 2020. Please check back for updated information on scheduling for 2020’s event.
Friday, May 17 was Bike to Work Day and the village encouraged commuters to bike to work by hosting two Fuel Stations.
Schaumburg Metra Station - Village staff were onsite near the bicycle lockers for the 7:02, 7:16, 7:21, 7:50 and 8:07 trains to greet bicyclists with a voucher toward a free cup of coffee and snack at Johnny’s Coffee Mart located inside the Schaumburg Metra Station. There are 24 covered bicycle racks on the Schaumburg side (north side) of the train tracks that can accommodate up to 48 bicycles and there are additional covered bicycle racks on the Roselle side (south side) of the train tracks.
Olympic Park - Schaumburg Park District staff assisted the village in passing out Dunkin' Donuts coffee and bagels to riders who participated in a ride planned from Olympic Park to the office buildings along the Martingale Road Corridor. Participants were welcome to park and leave their vehicle at Olympic Park. Staff was onsite between 7:15 am and 8:15 am.
Translated from German to English, Fahrrad Tour von Schaumburg means Bicycle Route Tour of Schaumburg. Each year the village invites all to come celebrate Schaumburg’s heritage and extensive bike route network with a five-mile ride on off-street bike paths and on-street bike lanes. This year's event started and ended at the Robert Atcher Municipal Center grounds where lunch was served and entertainment was provided. This event is co-sponsored with the Schaumburg Park District.
This year's event will take place on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at noon.