A variety of volunteer opportunities are available not only within Schaumburg, but also in surrounding communities. This page details some of the opportunities that currently exist.
Village Volunteer Opportunities
- Adopt-A-Bike Path
- Adopt-A-Highway Program
- Senior Center
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Friends of the Prairie Center
Volunteer Internship Opportunities
If you are an active college or university student interested in a volunteer internship with the Village of Schaumburg, please complete the Volunteer Application. Applications for Summer term are due March 1st; applications for Fall term are due June 1st; and applications for Spring term are due November 1st.
- Airport Management Unpaid Intern
- Communications Unpaid Intern
- Community Development Code Enforcement Unpaid Intern
- Community Development Engineering Unpaid Intern
- Community Development Permit Services Unpaid Intern
- Cultural Services Unpaid Intern
- Economic Development Unpaid Intern
- Finance Unpaid Intern
- Fire Public Education Unpaid Intern
- HR Unpaid Intern
- IT Unpaid Intern
- Planning Division Unpaid Intern
- Teen Center Unpaid Intern
Service Project Volunteer Opportunities
Village of Schaumburg residents and businesses are welcome to volunteer for service projects within Schaumburg. Please note, volunteer candidates must be 18 years of age or older (exceptions include the fulfillment of an organizational requirement such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, school required community services, etc.). The village cannot provide any volunteer opportunities to fulfill any court-issued community service. To volunteer for a village-based service project, please complete the Service Project Application.