Beekeeping is allowed in residential districts as a “Special Use.” Residents have two options : keeping and maintaining their hives in Schaumburg’s Community Bee Garden, or at home. Schaumburg’s Community Bee Garden is a secure location on village property where residents may keep and maintain their bee hives!
- Option 1: Maintain a Bee Hive in Schaumburg's Community Bee Garden located at 200 S. Plum Grove Road.
- Option 2: Maintain a Bee Hive on my own property
Where can I get more information about beekeeping?
Local beekeeping associations are great sources for information. Consider contacting and joining one of the associations listed below:
- Illinois State Beekeepers Association
- Northern Illinois Beekeepers Association
- Lake County Beekeepers Association
- Cook DuPage Beekeepers Association: Beekeeping classes
Local community colleges offer beekeeping classes that provide useful information on beekeeping.